What is the searching service of the Geodesy, Cartography and Cadastre Authority of the Slovak Republic?
The searching service of the GCCA SR serves to search descriptive information (metadata) on spatial data of the real estate cadastre (REC) information system. By means of the searching service of the GCCA SR it is possible to acquire detailed information on the vector and raster spatial data in the ESKN system. A summary of available spatial data from an area (REC) in selected locality is provided to any end user.
To run a map window and other components of the application is needed the Java Script activated in your browser. The application is compatible with the majority of Internet browsers, and with some portable versions:
10.0 and higher
27.0 and higher
30.0 and higher
6.0 and higher
15.0 and higher
Safari for iOS
5.0 and higher
3.0 and higher
Chrome for Android
35.0 and higher
Internet Explorer Mobile
10.0 and higher
The searching service page is designed in compliance with the HTML5 and CSS3 standards and it supports the responsive web design, i.e., it becomes adapted to the screen size of a given device (desktop, notebook, tablet, mobile phone).
The page map of the searching service consists of a main page, dialog boxes and external reference links. The main page is composed of the following components:
- Page header of the searching service contains the name, prescribed OPIS logographers with reference links to external sites and a menu with the option to displayContact, Help, or toChange interface language.
- Component for simple searching contains an input field to enter a searched term, a dynamic cloud of the most frequently searched terms, and a map window to determinespatial limitation when searching.
- Component for INSPIRE searching contains input fields to enter theINSPIRE parameters.
- Searching results in form of a table, with a button to start new searching
- Bottom of a page contains the OPIS logographer, and the option to add the page into favorites, and a reference link to the administrator e-mail address.
- Brief abstract of a meta-record isdisplayed in form of an dialog box after clicking to any ofsearch results. Detailed abstract of a record is displayed in the same box (window) on the request by pressing the buttonDetailed abstract.
The most easiest way of searching is that by means of a keyword entering. An user enters a searched verb into the text field, press Enter or click with the mouse at the magnifying glass icon, and the searching service will return him alist of meta-records, in which is the given verb occurred.
After entering a first letter into the search field for searching, the predicting function will display a bid with five predicted verbs from the database.
The user does not need to enter the searched verb manually - below the text field occurs a cloud of the most frequently searched verbs (a tag cloud), where a simply mouse click to it will launch searching of the selected verb. The verb will be filled-in to the text field at the same time.
The form for searching by the INSPIRE parameters will be displayed after clicking to the "Searching by the INSPIRE legislation". To have activated the "Search" button it is necessary to select at least one category of "Series of data sets", "Data set" or "Service". Individual fields of the form are active with respect to the selected category. When several categories are marked, only those fields of the form are available, which are available jointly for all the marked categories.
In the searching results is taken into consideration also the relevant area as defined in the map window.
The map window serves for the purpose of searching limitation to a defined territory only. The user can get thus more accurately and relevant results of search, and he acquires searched meta-records more quickly. The ZB GIS composition - all the categories - is used as a base map.
Using the buttons + and - you can to zoom in or out the map. In like manner can be used the mouse wheel. At supported touch screen devices it is possible to use touch gestures, by means of two fingers retraction or extension on the screen.
Searching start does need no verb entering into the full text or INSPIRE search. It is possible to start searching also by any area defining in the map window. The user shall zoom-in the needed map area using the basic map tools , by the button pressing he/she activates the section cut-out mode, and using the "drag and drop" he/she defines the territory. The system starts immediately to search the meta-records that at least in a part falls within the given area. Repeated pressing of the button cancels the previous map section cut-out, and activates the section cut-out mode. The button cancels the active map section cut-out (function is available only if a section cut-out is defined).
Occasionally the situation may come into being, when after a keyword entering the number of search results is too high, and the displayed meta-records are outside the interest area. These results can be filtered out by simply the map section cut-out defining. Switch of the mode between "Search" and "Specify" is indicated by the displayed text.
The system, after start of searching, automatically moves the page and displays a list of search results in a table.
At the bottom of the list of search results it is located pagination. Within pagination can also go to any page when typing in the box that shows the current page.
Everyone result of searching is represented by a separate line, and it contains:
- Record type Series of data sets, Data set, Serviceor Map section represented by the appropriate icon. When the meta-record has any child/descendants then it is possible to click on its icon to display those records just in the table.
- Source name is the designation of a metadata record.
- Abstract is a brief text description of a metadata record.
- Date is displayed as the last revision date.
- Tools match together all the additional information and actions of a meta-record.
The tools match together additional information and tools for work with a meta-record, as are language versions of the meta-record, displaying of the territorial scope in a map (BBOX) and displaying of secondary records.
Each metadata record has defined a language in which it was created, and this language is indicated by a corresponding shortcut. Some metadata records can be created in several language mutations. In such event a button is displayed to call the list of supported languages of the metadata record in question.
Pressing the button for displaying the territorial scope in a map automatically shift the page to the map window and displays a demarcating rectangle according to the co-ordinates in the metadata record. Displayed demarcating rectangle can be deleted by pressing the button.
Pressing the button displays a brief abstract of the parent metadata record. This function is available only for the records that have a parent record, thusLayers, Map sections andData sets..
Click on a line in the list of search results, outside of thetable search tools , opens a dialog box window with a brief abstract of the record. Brief abstract contains the following items from the meta-record:
- Source identifier
- Source locator
- Supplemental Information
- Distribution Format
Within frame of the modal window a set of supplementary tools for work with the brief abstract from the metadata record is available, as:
- Detailed abstract of a record - after a click on currently open modal window will be retrieved a detailed abstract of the record.
- Download the XML - Complete XML of a metadata record will be downloaded.
- Print - called is print window of the Internet web browser with the modal window content, thus a brief abstract of the metadata record.
- Close - the Close button closes the modal window.
After opening abrief abstract of the metadata record and pressing the Detailed abstract button a detailed abstract of the record is retrieved into the modal window.
The interface is divided into the indicating sector (on the left) and the content sector (on the right). In the indicating part the structure of a metadata record can be unpacked by clicking on the respective sections, and the content in the contents part will be automatically moved to the selected section.
By moving (scrolling) of the content part (right) are in the indicating part (left) rolled out individual categories, and highlighted is the section which is displayed at the modal window top. The indicating sector may not be displayed on some smaller displays or on portable devices.
The interface of the GCCA SR searching service supports displaying in various languages. This feasibility can be activated in the page header through the itemJazyk. Change of this setting will affect interface of the searching service, but it has no influence to the list of search results, brief abstract and detailed abstract, and cloud of the most searched metadata records (providing that they are not created in the appurtenant language).
An user will be redirected to the contact pagehttp://www.skgeodesy.sk/sk/